Successful engagements with city students of all ages and abilities has happens with Coach Mark.
Swim pools are the best learning labs, my highest calling and priority.
- Our kids are not with many opportunities to learn to swim.
- Our kids are not being introduced to aquatics, so few want to become lifeguards when they get older.
- Accidental death rates due to poor judgement and skills in and around the water are crazy high.
- Playing well with others, listening, rule-following, language coding, safety, leadership, wellness topics and other social skills put into focus with teaching, practices and competitions at the pools.
- It is hot in the summer!
- Both Citiparks and PPS are blessed with an abundance of seldom utilized and readily available, older facilities that can host our programs.
Educational experiences occur in other recreational settings, beyond pools.
- All-City Sports Camp proposed.
- Coaching track, running the Liberty Mile.
- Art, of course.
- Technology in many forms from WordCamps, Podcamps, Youth Tech Summits -- PUBLISHING
Let's work together!
We have plenty of reasources, at the ready, to deploy with the students in the days, and seasons to come. As a way to focus so as to gain approval and get these enrichment activities started, two projects are presented in the tabs below.
- Pick your favorite.
- Or, we can allow the students to engage in a pathway of their choice.
WordPress is the open source content managment system that rules the world.
LMS is Learning Management System, great for remote learning and instruction, a pressing need in these times.
Connections and Operations
Coach Mark Rauterkus can conduct surveys, interview, group meetings and lead staff discussions so as to uncover suitable projects, areas of interest and existing skills with all the participants.
Help-desk time, each day, such as office hours, are going to be open so that the materials can be furnished to the students including manuscripts, links, user-names, passwords and expectations.
We'll create a staff and team environment that supports each other with group, online-messages.
As milestones are reached, we'll show off our projects with each other and the world, giving the efforts meaning while giving the students a sense of accomplishment.
Questions, comments, concerns are welcome
- Leave messages in the comments below.
- Or, call, 412-298-3432 = cell phone of Coach Mark.