Successful engagements with city students of all ages and abilities has happens with Coach Mark.
Swim pools are the best learning labs, my highest calling and priority.
- Our kids are not with many opportunities to learn to swim.
- Our kids are not being introduced to aquatics, so few want to become lifeguards when they get older.
- Accidental death rates due to poor judgement and skills in and around the water are crazy high.
- Playing well with others, listening, rule-following, language coding, safety, leadership, wellness topics and other social skills put into focus with teaching, practices and competitions at the pools.
- It is hot in the summer!
- Both Citiparks and PPS are blessed with an abundance of seldom utilized and readily available, older facilities that can host our programs.
Educational experiences occur in other recreational settings, beyond pools.
- All-City Sports Camp proposed.
- Coaching track, running the Liberty Mile.
- Art, of course.
- Technology in many forms from WordCamps, Podcamps, Youth Tech Summits -- PUBLISHING
Let's work together!
We have plenty of reasources, at the ready, to deploy with the students in the days, and seasons to come. As a way to focus so as to gain approval and get these enrichment activities started, two projects are presented in the tabs below.
- Pick your favorite.
- Or, we can allow the students to engage in a pathway of their choice.
WordPress is the open source content managment system that rules the world.
LMS is Learning Management System, great for remote learning and instruction, a pressing need in these times.
Goal-setting, Team Culture, Sports Psych are all learned skills that blend well together with human performance, independent study and technology.
This projects deals with self-talk, groove performances and goal-driven decision making.
Students make connections to their personal routines and their own clubs and sports teams.
- Read. Plentiful resources include chapters of original books, articles and podcasts.
- Digitize the content in a different format. Paper to web format. Audio script to text. Web to concept map or slide deck.
- Edit the content for suitable target audiences, platforms and usability.
- Illustrate the content with a suitable feature image.
- Develop eye-candy artwork with Canva. Upload to Sirv. New tools with gratis accounts.
- Publish and promote the content with the new formats to other audiences. Tweet it. Put it onto Instagram. Share on Facebook.
- Obtain a digital badge on goal setting. Process occurs at Read.SwimISCA.org. Trouble-shoot. Solicit supporters for the goal mission.
- Reposition existing content on team culture so it can be made more suitable to the student's family, classroom, squad, sport team for 2021. Game, gimmick, challenges, motivational messages are available to be cultivated to personal and local endeavors.
- Construct a digital badge, perhaps with an original exercise routine, that others can learn online.
Connections and Operations
Coach Mark Rauterkus can conduct surveys, interview, group meetings and lead staff discussions so as to uncover suitable projects, areas of interest and existing skills with all the participants.
Help-desk time, each day, such as office hours, are going to be open so that the materials can be furnished to the students including manuscripts, links, user-names, passwords and expectations.
We'll create a staff and team environment that supports each other with group, online-messages.
As milestones are reached, we'll show off our projects with each other and the world, giving the efforts meaning while giving the students a sense of accomplishment.
Questions, comments, concerns are welcome
- Leave messages in the comments below.
- Or, call, 412-298-3432 = cell phone of Coach Mark.